Sunday, May 5, 2013

Airplanes and Surprises

I have a fettish for having my camera ready everytime we cross over the Casciano Memorial Bridge (or Newark Bay Bridge).  And this is why....
 
As soon as we cross over the bridge we see pilots do the strangest things!

Like land on the edge of the freeway!



... and get hung up on a fence!

...and land so perfectly on the sign post!


I wonder if any of my kids are on this Southwest flight coming to visit?

Or... maybe they're on this one?

To the very right of this photo you can see one arm of a giant windmill sticking up (look hard).  We live under it's shadow.  The bridge on the far left is the bridge from Staten Island to NYC.

Oops.  Pilot got tangled in with the cranes.  Call Myron Lee to inspect those cranes!
 



Once while stuck on the bridge for over 15 minutes because of some traffic thing - I watched plane after plane coming in for a landing - about 3 minutes apart.  I took the following two photos through the back window of the car (you can see the defrost wire thingys).  In fact ALL these photos are taken through the car windows (usually the front or side windows).


landing gear down... almost another safe landing on the freeway - watch out cars!

Pilot heading straight into a lamp post!  Mama Mia!
 
It is a blessing to live only 15-20 minutes from the airport because sometimes it brings special surprises!  Like a 1 1/2 hour lay over in Sue Lee's flight so that we could spend 50 minutes with her after picking her up from the airport curb!
 
A quick trip to the Tear Drop Memorial in Bayonne.

Fizzy Joy!
 
Hope someone enjoyed my silly post about silly pilots and the surprises they sometimes bring :)
Maybe next time they will bring YOU!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. it was a silly post, but I loved it!
    there is a little something specail on its way to you. See if you have enough self control to await to open it until mothers day....I DARE you! :)

    ReplyDelete