Today was a marathon Grandma Date day!
I picked up Cody and Joshua at 11 am. All they knew was they needed to wear clean clothes and socks and shoes. I took them to Central Market and had them help me buy from the bulk section the things I needed to make granola. They held the bag over the sunflower seeds and then the pumpkin seeds and tried to judge how much of it should flow into the bag before they lifted the lever. Then we weighed the bay and wrote the bulk item number on the tags. Then I took them to the salad bar and let them choose their healthy lunch, which we ate on the balcony which overlooked the parking lot. Then for dessert they picked a dollar's worth of candy from the bulk section. Afterward we went to Cenex to buy kid work gloves so they can do a man's job at helping me clear the wild woods from our property!
So much fun to "hang out" with these two!
![]() |
At 1:30 I dropped off the older boys and picked up Abi, Jonas and Jesse. All they knew was to wear an apron and bring an extension cord :) I drove them to our temporary home at the Cleavers where they each got to make their own batch of granola.
They did a fantastic job!
Enjoying a fruit Popsicle afterward.
After we cleaned up, they played on the air hockey table (which we needed the extension cord for) and then we made some origami creations and then we all had a small bowl of their delicious granola.
At 4 pm those three were dropped off (each carrying a zip-lock bag with some of their granola) and then I picked up Logan and Kaitlyn. All those two knew was to wear boots or water shoes and bring a pail.
They had a blast, looking for crabs at the slough!
After the beach, we got a dollar hamburger from McD's and then went to the park to swing.
Loved our day!
Wish the other 12 grandchildren lived close enough for a grandma date, too!











oh what fun! you are an awesome grandma! Wish I could be there to find crabs and eat healthy food with you too :)
ReplyDeleteThey sure had fun!
ReplyDelete