Monday, June 28 – I prepared 71 new transfer cards for the Catania missionaries who will become a part of our mission on July 1st. Their data became assessable to me today on IMOS. I was able to copy and paste their photos directly onto their transfer cards (in blue).
Wednesday, June 30
Wednesday, June 30President Acerson, as he visited with us in our office today, said, “I feel lost,” and asked if we had any advice for him. We expressed our love for him and the great privilege it has been for us to serve with him and how much we appreciated his leadership. He sat for a while and shared some tender feelings with us about his love for the missionaries, especially those who do not have loving supportive parents back home. He fought back tears.

Brother Calabrese orchestrated (with Sister Acerson’s help) that all the missionaries in the Rome area (who could make it), gather in front of the mission home to sing the Mission Hymn as a special welcome to the Kelly’s.
Afterwards they warmly greeted us all and President Kelly embraced each of the Elders while shaking their hand. This photo is especially poignant with President Acerson looking on.
An historic day in the Italy Rome Mission as we welcome President and Sister Kelly...
and say good-bye to President and Sister Acerson.
Friday, July 2Every day comes. I wept as I hugged Sister Acerson good-bye and told her I loved her. She wept too. I have been blessed by her service and love. She has been the perfect mission mom to so many missionaries. I have learned so much from her – and today their mission has officially ended and they go home to Utah. Every day comes!
One year from today, we too are scheduled to depart the mission. In my time remaining I have determined to truly be an ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ as I was set apart to be/do.
We will miss President and Sister Acerson. I know that when we leave the mission, we will feel the very same about President and Sister Kelly. We have already felt their love for us, for the missionaries, for missionary work and for the Lord.
They will bless the lives of many.
Did your mission coming home time change because you went into the field early? Your coming home a month earlier than I thought (yea for us! boo hoo for rome :( )
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't seem possible that you've been serving in Rome for a year already! Time sure flies. We love and miss you.
ReplyDeleteAllie - We are on a 23 month mission. We started the mission on Aug. 10, 2009 so our 23 months would end on July 10,2011 but missionaries always go out on the closest transfer date, which for us would be July 1, 2011.
ReplyDelete