Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our Precious Posterity

My office wall - and a precious gift from our children.
Reflections
by Claudette Burt

I gaze upon and search each face…
Each son, each daughter, each grandchild…
Including five... held only in my dreams.

My eyes mist up. My throat aches.
Why would I leave them for 23 months?

After brief reflection
The answer comes like living water.

Only for Him.

I am as certain as the rising sun,
That He watches over them…
That He knows and feels and sees… my heart…
And blesses them – because I am here.

I feel His love for me - at this evidence of my love for Him...
And hear Him whisper…

They are mine forever.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem mother...I'm so glad you love your birthday suprise! Aren't you glad I didn't spill the beans? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder and Sister Burt, It is so nice to read your blog. I was so touched by your beautiful poem, it spoke to my heart, thank you for sharing! Elder and Sister Anderson, Mongolia Mission

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Claudette,
    Your poem is so beautiful. I can tell you miss your family very much. Your homecoming will be quite a joyous occasion! I pray for you everyday and I love you. Be well dear friend.

    ReplyDelete