Saturday, June 4, 2011

Training and Touring with the Valentines

Training our replacements - Elder and Sister Valentine.


After 3 weeks of straight training, it was time to show them some sights in Roma Centro!
Putting on our walking shoes!
Piazza Navona (these 5 photos compliments of google images)








We found a great place to get brick oven baked pizza across from this lovely setting.





Mama Mia! Yummy!





Finding a place under the shade to cool down in front of the Colosium.

Having served in Rome for 22 months now, it is interesting to note that after the initial awe wears off - it is just about the work. Seeing the major sights feels about the same as going to Albertsons just down the street from our home in Kingston. It is always nice to see these sights through new eyes of those seeing them for the first time.



3 comments:

  1. you are comparing the colusium to Albertsons???? I like how you ordered 3 pizzas for 4 people...thats a lot of pizza! must be pretty delicious :)I want to make you my homemade pizza when you are in rexburg...I want to see you it stands up to the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking, all your clothes are cuter than mine. I'm dressing like an old frump bag and your setting trends. So when you want to clean out your mission wardrobe you know who to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are doing a great job training your replacements. I'm sure everyone will miss you when you are gone.

    ReplyDelete