Right here in Bayonne is a very special monument to the victims of 911. It was a gift to the people of New York City (from Russia) but New York had no where to put it so it came across the Hudson River to Bayonne, New Jersey. It is called the Tear Drop and it over looks the harbor of New York City, Lady Liberty and the New Freedom Tower that is going up in place of the Twin Towers.
 |
| The names of all the victims are engraved at the base. |
 |
| A special monument to the victims of Bayonne. |
 |
| Engraved stones from loved ones in memory of those who died. |
 |
The view of New York Harbor, Lady Liberty (can you see her?)
and the New Freedom Tower (still being erected) at the World Trade Center. |
 |
| This shows the Twin Towers in shadow. |
 |
| A park in Bayonne. |
 |
| The Bridge from Bayonne to Newark in the background. |
 |
This park was completely surrounded in yellow caution tape after Hurricane Sandy
because of all the fallen trees. |
 |
The part of New Jersey we live in is VERY industrialized.
I choose to take pictures of the pretty parts of New Jersey.
Lots of cranes. |
 |
| The bridge from Bayonne to Staten Island is just minutes from our apartment. |
 |
Yes, this is a WHOLE red snapper, given to us by a less active member.
I must say it was quite yummy (even though we had to de-scale it ourselves). |
 |
We inspect apartments within our zone.
This is where one of the Elder's hangs his ties. |
 |
Fabulous missionary - Elder Hernandez - making lunch for us.
Yep - those are p & j's |
 |
Here are your cute missionaries, sitting and looking at the camera, waiting for it to click :)
We made 7 member visits this week, 3 less active visits (which included one to the hospital to visit Dominique who was run over by a car), plus we had office training on how to get rid of BED BUGS! Yes, we have to take care of those little critters and we did a day of work in the office. Last night after our visit and dinner with the president of the Branch, he asked us to speak in church TODAY. Which we did. Plus, I taught young women.
This photo of us on the couch was a birthday gift to Sonja. If you're reading this Sonja - Happy Birthday again! |
were all those sandwiches for you and dad??? you guys are sure cute!
ReplyDeleteit looks like that fish has a big smiley face
ReplyDeleteEach area of the country has its own beauty, doesn't it? Except for the bed bugs. I don't think I could find beauty in those. :) Thanks for sharing these! Sounds like you are needed and very busy -- wonderful! Love your apartment, too! (For efficiency's sake I'm combining my comments from the previous post with this one -- you know I'm all about efficiency, don't you???) And I think I'll use the video of Elder Miguel's talent as a springboard for our FHE activity tonight. ;)
ReplyDelete