Monday, March 29, 2010

Dinner guests

Saturday ~ March 27, 2010

We prepared a "typical" american dinner for our
two Italian guests.

Jeff made delicious homemade rolls.

I prepared the Chicken Pot Pie.



Marisa and Sister Iorfida waiting for me to join them before the timed flash went off.

Italians never come to a dinner empty handed. Marisa brought these beautiful flowers and Sister Iorfida brought a yummy torta di mela (apple cake).
Sunday at church we met the Larsen family from Seattle and invited them for lunch.
They will live in Italy for 11 weeks associated with some teaching he is doing here for the University of Washington.
It was a real treat to have children in our home.
Declan (Irish name) isn't too thrilled about Elder Burt holding him.



After lunch and visiting, we walked them to their bus stop.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry dad, it happens to everyone :) Can I get your roll recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat for you to have a Seattle family come for dinner! I'm sure it was fun to talk about Seattle.

    ReplyDelete