![]() |
| Alcapurea - deep fried bananas (plantain bananas) with a spicy ground beef filling in the center. Gelitza offered these to us when we stopped by to visit her. |
Believe it or not - Mayra had NEVER made cookies before.
It was a great desire of hers to learn how.
The following photos show the joy in her face as she goes through the process.
Here is a yummy meal she prepared for us a few days later.
I helped to make the homemade tortillas on her tortilla press! I have my eyes out for a tortilla press because I don't think I can bear to eat store bought ones again!
The following week Mayra wanted to learn how to bake bread. She was surprised when I told her it would take 3 hours from start to finish. Look how great her bread turned out!
Another trip to Gina's after a Zone meeting with Elder's Jester and Brinklow :)
This meal prepared by Myra is our top favorite!
It is an authentic Mexican dish that Mayra grew up watching her mother make.
It was fabulous!
It is an authentic Mexican dish that Mayra grew up watching her mother make.
It was fabulous!
It is called memelas.
The homemade tortilla has refried beans in the center with the corners pinched up to create a crater that holds the toppings of pico de gallo, salsa, cheese, avacado, etc.
The side dish is strips of sauteed cactus.
Today - Easter Sunday - we experienced our first Bayonne Branch Pot Luck.
![]() |
| Dorial Jr., Alondra, Connie. |
We were so happy to see Rosa and her daughter's Heidi and Jade in church today. It is the first time they have come since she had her baby in December. It took her 30 minutes to walk to church pushing her girls in a double stroller.
This little family has so little and yet they always desire to share what they have with us.
They have blessed our lives with their goodness.













it seams like you do more eating than anything else! And yet you look so wonderful! And Keith says he would like a bunny for christmas and he wants it to be RED. I haven't asked Natalie or Hyrum yet, but I will soon.
ReplyDeletelooks like you are part of the branch family now. I hope that it is getting stronger and stronger
ReplyDelete