The Tepoz family is so kind to the missionaries.
They share their culture with us each Tuesday evening.
Crystal (age 9 next week) asked if we would dance a waltz while she accompanied us on her keyboard. Of course I was more than willing and Elder Burt was a good sport (but notice how quickly he sits down when the "music" is over)!
Crystal (age 9 next week) asked if we would dance a waltz while she accompanied us on her keyboard. Of course I was more than willing and Elder Burt was a good sport (but notice how quickly he sits down when the "music" is over)!
The only ingredients in these tortillas is corn flour (masa) and hot water - nothing else!
They are fried on a hot cast iron skillet with no oil. The next time you buy tortillas in the store notice how many ingredients are listed!
They are fried on a hot cast iron skillet with no oil. The next time you buy tortillas in the store notice how many ingredients are listed!
Mayra prepared this cactus to put in her pico de gallo.
The cactus is the larger diced green veggie in the photo below.
Yummy handmade corn flour tortillas in the small bowl. I forgot to take a photo of the beans. They were delicious (grown by her parents in Mexico and sent to her).
I brought the bread.
Crystal is straining to see the similarity of Elder Burt in our wedding photo :).
She said she COULD see a similarity with me.
I think she was just being nice :)





I want one of those tortilla presses, that was cool!
ReplyDeleteAllie already stole my comment!
ReplyDelete