These are Elders in our Zone
Once a month they go out to lunch together as a zone and they know the places that serve you the most food for the least amount of money.
This is Elm Street BBQ in Ironbound, N.J.
Elder Burt and I shared a whole barbequed chicken, rice and french fries for $10 and we had enough left over for two more meals at home!
There are three sisters in our branch from Mexico. This is Myra and Rosa who share an apartment. Rosa made this delicious lentil soup for us. I got to hold Rosa's darling baby girl, born on Dec. 23rd - I pretended she was Ellie.
Each Thursday we travel about an hour west to Morristown to help in the office.
Each time we go, we pass this "landmark". Can you tell what it is?
I
have been asked by our Branch President to be a Counselor
to the YW President.
She had no one else to help her (she has only been a member of the church for 3 years). The Branch President asked if we could help get Mutual started. This picture shows the young women learning how to crochet at our first ever mutual activity.
The members don’t understand yet that mutual is just for the youth J.
So, I taught moms, sisters and others to crochet, too.
She had no one else to help her (she has only been a member of the church for 3 years). The Branch President asked if we could help get Mutual started. This picture shows the young women learning how to crochet at our first ever mutual activity.
The members don’t understand yet that mutual is just for the youth J.
So, I taught moms, sisters and others to crochet, too.
Our three young women ~ Michel (pronouced Michelle), Connie and Alondra.
Thank you Keith and Natalie for the additions to our proud wall of grandchildren art!
The view from our window (into the landlord's back yard) before and after the "storm".
Luckily we only had about 6 inches fall and we didn't lose power.
This is the only car on the street with Washington plates!
The trouble with snow in Bayonne is - there is no place to put it.
A view up and down our street - watching neighbors shovel out the snow.
I am standing at the front door of our "foyer" waving at you!
Once you enter that door you see this...
The hallway leads to our apartment and the stairs to the tenant above us.
I'll end this post with some great photos Elder Jester took in December when the Zone went to NYC to go to the temple and then sight seeing.

















you guys are having too much fun over there! We miss you and love you so much. I hope you at least built a snow man with all the snow...you have to do SOMETHING fun with it!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful update
ReplyDelete