I got to go to Girl's Camp!
A three day Girl's Camp for the Rome 2 ward was held on the Guidara property for 5 young women and their leaders. Sister Guidara invited me to come up one evening to share some campfire songs and games.
It was so fun to see them preparing their foil dinners and to see their tents and clothes line and privy (they made a privy!).
When was the last time you put zucchini in your foil dinner?
Or hotdogs?
Alassandra digging out the foil dinners to cool on the bricks.
Patriarch Calabrese giving an inspirational message.
Have you ever roasted a sausage over hot coals? Mama Mia! Sister Pagnani piercing her sausage to let the fat drip out.
Elder Burt and I shared one and it was very tasty.

Such a beautiful setting to feel God's love through nature (which is one of the main purposes of Girl's Camp). This photo over looks their olive groves.
I taught them the song, A Wonnie Coonie - you don't need to know Italian or English to sing it and the hand motions are so great!
Their Stake YW's president demonstrating the song with Alessandra and Carolina.
Sister Zapata joins the demonstration.

Great Fun!
Such a beautiful spot for Girl's Camp!
A week before the Silverdale Girl's Camp, I was feeling a bit homesick knowing it would be my first year to miss going in over 17 years. It was a sweet blessing to receive this experience - a little taste of Girl's camp in the hills outside of Rome.
Elder Burt and I shared one and it was very tasty.
Such a beautiful setting to feel God's love through nature (which is one of the main purposes of Girl's Camp). This photo over looks their olive groves.
I taught them the song, A Wonnie Coonie - you don't need to know Italian or English to sing it and the hand motions are so great!
Their Stake YW's president demonstrating the song with Alessandra and Carolina.
Sister Zapata joins the demonstration.
Great Fun!
Such a beautiful spot for Girl's Camp!
A week before the Silverdale Girl's Camp, I was feeling a bit homesick knowing it would be my first year to miss going in over 17 years. It was a sweet blessing to receive this experience - a little taste of Girl's camp in the hills outside of Rome.Now I can say I have been to Girl's Camp for 18 consecutive years! Whaa Whoo!
This made me miss girls camp! I'm so glad you were able to go. Its so cool the way the church works...no matter where you are there is still girls camp!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a unique girl's camp experience!
ReplyDeleteI love it! So glad you got to go this year.
ReplyDeleteDenise
How exciting for you! Girls Camp in Italy. I'm sure the girls were richly blessed by your attendance. You radiate the light of the gospel. Love and miss you!
ReplyDelete