Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday

September 24, 2009
My 55th birthday was a sweet experience (literally). Though the actual date of my birthday is today, my gift from Jeff came on the 18th when I spotted a beautiful watercolor painting in Piazza Navona. I had been hoping to find a painting that captured my feelings for this beautiful land and there it was! The scene is of a stone porch leading to a garden gate. The porch is protected by the filtering shade of trees around it, with flowers lining the borders and the entrance into a side door, lit with light from the sun. It is beautiful (the photo doesn’t do it justice).
Today at the Mission Office, I was surprised with a beautiful flower bouquet from Brother Calabrese (Stake Patriarch and mission helper extraordinaire), German Chocolate cake (my favorite) made by Sister Acerson (Mission President’s wife), Banana Cream Pie made by Brother and Sister Sommerfeldt (office missionaries), and a small cake with a single candle (bought by Elder Herrick (Rome 2 District Leader) and the singing of “Happy Birthday” in Italian, by the missionaries! They certainly made my day special!




















3 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday..are you enjoying Rome? do you get to travel to other areas of italy on occasion..if you do..you need to go to Naples and get the best mozzerella di bufala ever..they are the only ones that have that cheese..everyone else's doesn't even come close..we lived in Naples for 3 years from 99-2001...got to see alot of italy..Rome was a short visit for us..loved Gaeta though..have a wonderful time and take lots of photos..
    oh by the way..I am in your ward now..when you all get back...
    Gina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everyone helped to make your birthday so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! (I'm very glad to have found your blog!)

    ReplyDelete